2.24.2007

Cheney's Brass Ones

The problem with the Democrats is that no one calls them out on the omissions of fact. They are quick to point out the Republican administration mistakes and create feel good responses. The part that stinks is that no one has called a spade a spade until now. Every bit of what he is saying is absolutely true to anyone willing to lay politics and wishful thinking aside. Here are the quotes:

CHENEY: I'm not sure what part of it is that Nancy disagreed with. She accused me of questioning her patriotism. I didn't question her patriotism. I questioned her judgment. Al-Qaeda functions on the basis that they think they can break our will. That's their fundamental underlying strategy. My statement was that if we adopt the Pelosi policy, that we will validate the strategy of Al-Qaeda. I said it, and I meant it. And I'm not backing down.

Vice President Dick Cheney to GMA correspondant Johnathan Karl after an earlier comment that had Speaker Pelosi calling the White House to complain.

Response from Jonathan Karl:“But hasn't our strategy been failing? Isn't that why the president has had to come out with a new strategy?”

Cheney:A failed strategy. Let's see. We didn't fail when we got rid of Saddam. We didn't fail when we held elections. We didn't fail when we got a constitution written. They’re all success stories.

KARL: Didn't we fail when 3,000 American soldiers are all killed --

CHENEY: You wish there was never a casualty, Jonathan. Always a regret when you have casualties. But we are at war.

Rock on Dick. You are the man!!!!!