8.07.2006

JOB QUEST SAGA

ALTERNATE TITLE: STRESS IS FUN?

I my astounding efforts to avoid minimum-wage-dom I have managed to land in a company only to have the entire staff -including the guy who hired me- quit!?!

In case you are wondering it is a mortgage company. There was some shakeup at the time I came on. The underwriting department essentially "crashed" and quit approving anything. Shortly thereafter all of the existing loan officers quit and the team manager, except me!

Um, yeah, got a first class ticket on the Titanic!

Other opportunities are out there. Prayers for my search are greatly appreciated! The local Mapco c-store is still hiring for $10 per hour and I'm giving it serious consideration at this point! Well, maybe a little serious but I don't speak enough spanish for that neighborhood. Espanola un poco, uh, only.