3.15.2006

Court Day (part 1)

I sat in court for 5 hours today. Our case was called in the first 30 minutes after the judge went into great detail about how the process works for the standing room only crowd. The dim-wit I caught stealing construction materials never showed up. "FTA" or Failure To Appear. However the Judge was "lenient" which means if you are there to testify, you waste a day while waiting on the case so you can get back to work.
Image hosting by Photobucket
HOMER SAID IT BEST

We have a stupid justice system sometimes. Yet it's still better than so many other places!

I assume the Sheriff will drag the thief back into court and I'll have to waste another morning dealing with him. If only I had backed my truck up and blocked him from escaping instead of yelling at him! Another DOH!