12.05.2005

What Did Clinton Say Exactly?

I'm reviewing this rah-rah fundraiser where Hillary spoke about the war in Iraq. As always, I'm reading to see what her focus group people have determined will strike a chord with likely voters.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
SENATOR CLINTON
Here is what we got from the Senator this time:
"The time has come for the administration to stop serving up platitudes and present a plan for finishing this war with success and honor," she said. "I reject a rigid timetable that the terrorists can exploit, and I reject an open timetable that has no ending attached to it.

"Instead, I think we need a plan for winning and concluding this war, and the president can begin by taking responsibilities for the false assurances, faulty evidence and mismanagement of this war."


Permit me to translate:
"I am standing firm on my NO BUSH platitude platform without saying anything else concrete just like that loser Kerry did because that's what my voters want to hear. I'm rejecting BUSH and TERRORISTS while sounding reasonable and smart without actually saying anything at all. My plan to win the presidency is to refer back to this later either way this thing goes and make you see what you want to see. If I don't state my management or assurances about the war then you can't point the finger at me. This tactic won for my cheating husband so I'm on it too."

That's what I'm reading anyway. It got her a standing ovation from her crowd. What does that say about those attending?