8.24.2005

Dish Decisions Suck

I was sitting there having dinner in the kitchen with my wife and 3-year-old last night. We keep the news on some nights while we eat. Occasionally we watch "Everybody Loves Raymond" reruns because they are so true to life.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Suddenly the tv voice was saying "My TV sucks"?

The wife and I exchange glaces of mutual horror and she reached out and changed the channel.

Dish Network has this horrible new ad campaign by
  • Publicis Groupe's Publicis in the West
  • about how cable
  • "SUCKS"
  • and the Dish is better. While I'm not opposed to truth in advertising, there are just some things that should be considered before running a NATIONAL AD CAMPAIGN with an OBJECTIONABLE WORD prominently put there. I don't want my 3 year old saying that word and quite frankly I'm angry about their ad invading my home.

    Fortunately, my local broadcast stations were equally surprised at the choice of wording for this commercial. Of the 3 managers I have reached, all have agreed to review this ad. Who knows if they will actually pull it or not. It always pays to ask.

    According to the yahoo article there are also kiosks going up in Radio Shack and Sears? Oh this will be fun! More tails to bite on this issue!

    Now it's your turn: Contact The Chairman of Dish
    Charles W. Ergen, Chairman
    Dish Network
    9601 South Meridian Boulevard
    Englewood, CO 80112
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com
    Primary Phone: 303-723-1000
    Fax: 303-723-1499
    E-Mail: Charles W. Ergen, Dish Network: executivecustomerservice@echostar.com