6.08.2005

Crap! I actually agree with Carter on something?

Click the title for the article:

While former President Jimmy Carter was in hot-lanta (local speak for Atlanta, GA) for a human rights conference and I read a quote from him I actually liked:
Carter said Amnesty International should not have called the (Guantanamo Bay suspected terrorist) prison "the gulag of our time"

Either I'm slipping or the old guy is getting wisdom in his later years. Pretty much the rest of what he said about how we needed to shut down the Guantanamo detainee camp would be good only from a public relations perspective.

I personally will not agree with shutting it down completely. However I can concede that there is a strong possibility that not everyone there is guilty of being a terrorist. Of course, I can say exactly the same thing for our prison system but that's a different rant.